The church was started due to the efforts of a young couple, Mr. and Mrs. Lemar Smith, gathering together a group of people interested in establishing a Christian Church. Rev Thomas held a two week meeting in the old Presbyterian Church. There were two people baptized at this service.
After the service Rev. Thomas organized The "First Christian Church of Jones" which was established May 5th, 1905. The charter was granted December 22, 1905 in Oklahoma territory at the territorial capital in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
E.G. Bedford, a former resident and businessman and his wife gave the lots on which to build the original part of the church builiding.
First Christian Church has served the city of Jones for 107 years.